Re: [squid-users] Large Files

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 02:20:49 +0200

fre 2006-09-08 klockan 07:14 +0800 skrev Adrian Chadd:

> (Or, really, send someone on a trip to implement some slightly better
> kernel interfaces for async disk/network IO.)

Already done it seems.

For a starter there is already some kind of existing interface which
some think is good (I don't).. sendfile on a non-blocking file. Allows
you to optimistically try sendfile, and fall back on an I/O thread if it
needs to block..

There has also been some work on an AIO sendfile, which should be the
better approach I think (if nothing else at least a cleaner API). The
currently active such project for Linux is here:

http://tservice.net.ru/~s0mbre/old/?section=projects&item=naio

others have been seen in past history.