[squid-users] squid / DNS name servers

From: Alberto Alesina <aalesina@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 18:06:01 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I have recently started reading on SQUID as a
transparent interception proxy.

From the FAQ's, I gathered that SQUID needs to be
configured with DNS server(s) addresses, and it will
not fetch web pages if it cannot perform DNS name
resolutions for the URL. Is my understanding correct?

If so, is there some way to remove this requirement
that SQUID needs to be able to connect to DNS servers.
My setup is that all the internal hosts do their DNS
name resolution, and the system running SQUID will use
whatever resolved IP address the originating clients
used.

I will highly appreciate all inputs.

Thanks for your time,

Regards,