[squid-users] Setting up ACL for Squid as a Web Accelerator

From: Ed Singleton <singletoned@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 06:14:40 +0000

I'm trying to set up squid as a web accelerator behind apache for a
couple of slow dynamic sites I have. I have lots of virtual hosts in
Apache and I want to be able to proxy a couple of them through squid.

In Apache I have this for one of my virtual hosts:

RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://127.0.0.1:3128/http://
212.100.249.204:7171/$1 [L,P]

However, when I try to access the address I get this error:

"Access Denied. Access control configuration prevents your request
from being allowed at this time."

I'm using webmin, and I can't figure out what rules I need to setup in
order to allow the request. I've even tried having an Allow All
rule, but that didn't make any difference.

If anyone can give me some pointers I'd be extremely grateful.

Thanks

Ed