Re: [squid-users] looking for testers: google maps/earth/youtube caching

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 20:46:04 +0900

On Sun, Dec 02, 2007, Tek Bahadur Limbu wrote:

> >>Can Squid-2.HEAD be used for a Solaris 10 box?
> >
> >Compile with --enable-openssl. We're trying to figure out whats going on.
>
> In both FreeBSD and Solaris, compiling with the parameter "--enable-ssl"
> completed successfully.

Thanks for telling us that.

> Anyway, thanks alot for the caching stuff for Google Earth/Maps/YouTube.

You can thank me when the youtube caching is stable. :)

> I am sure that the caching will improve further in the coming days.

When I set aside some spare time next week I'll figure out why youtube isn't
caching properly.

> Will this feature be merged into Squid-2.6 sometime in the future?

Nope. This feature will stay in Squid-2.HEAD and be one of the reasons
to shift to Squid-2.7. Its a reasonably intrusive patch which affects
how some Squid internals work, its slightly hackish (what open source
software isn't!) and I don't want to upset the Squid-2.6 stability.

Adrian