Re: [squid-users] Can one run cache_log thru an ACL?

From: Tory M Blue <tmblue@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 19:49:23 -0800

On Dec 10, 2007 5:18 PM, Amos Jeffries <squid3@treenet.co.nz> wrote:

> Well, this is a critical error for the data connection.
> A source server is pumping data into squid without proper HTTP header
> information to say what it is.
>
> The server is sending a Content-Length: header with the wrong length (too
> short). Squid notices more data than was told about and terminates
> connection to that source.
>
> It's a design feature added to protect against several very nasty bits of
> viral/trojan/worm infection out in the web and alert people to when it
> happens.
>
> If its your script/server causing those, needs fixing to only send the
> length header when length is pre-known.
> Otherwise you are under attack and have much bigger problems than squid.

Okay well the data is not static, so I do not believe the length is
known until the transaction completes (A search for example, the site
can't provide any length information, until the search, dynamic stuff
is generated),. You cite "if pre-known", what if it's not pre-known,
than what is one suppose to do in this scenario?

Thanks

Tory