[squid-users] Squid and NTLM using require_membership_of stills prompts for username

From: cuchulain 78 <cuchulain78@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:51:48 -0000

Hi,

Im using squid-2.6.STABLE6-4.el5, Dansguardian and AD using NTLM. In our
squid.conf file I have

auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp --require-membership-of=groupname

However if a user who isnt a member of this group tries to browse, they get
prompted for a username and password. Is there any way to disable this login
box and forward them to the standard squid denied page.

Since I dont know with program pops up the login bix I actually dont know if
this is squid or dansguardian related.

Regards,