Re: [squid-users] A bug? (was "cache deny and the 'public' token")

From: Ric <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 03:29:31 -0700

On Mar 21, 2008, at 3:06 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Thu, 2008-03-20 at 20:11 -0700, Ric wrote:
>> In reverse-proxy setup, I would like to prevent requests
>> authenticated
>> via cookies from being cached while retaining the ability of the
>> Cache-
>> Control: public token to override this behavior as if were a regular
>> authenticated request.
>>
>> Will the following work?
>>
>> acl public rep_header Cache-Control public
>> cache allow public
>>
>> acl auth_cookie req_header Cookie -i auth=
>> cache deny auth_cookie
>
> Looks reasonable to me.
>
> Try it and see how it fares.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Okay... after much trial and error, I think this is a bug.

I stripped my config down to the bare essentials and these two lines
consistently break caching.

acl public rep_header Cache-Control public
cache allow public

In fact, if I try to use any rep_header acl in the cache directive,
the object is no longer cached. Other acls seem to work (although I
haven't tested all of them) but not rep_header.

Can anyone confirm this bug?

Ric