Re: [squid-users] Squid returns old Expires: header

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:38:00 +1300 (NZDT)

> Thanks for your assistance. I'm using 2.6.STABLE4, btw. I've been
> aware reload-into-ims violates HTTP (and love using it nonetheless),
> but I hadn't anticipated this behavior to be a side effect
> of reload-into-ims.

It's a side-effect of bug #7 which is made noticable by reload-into-ims.

> I will follow your advice. however...
>
>> - upgrade to the latest squid release to get the latest fix for this
>> - bypass the reload-to-ims for these images
>> - purge the current items from your cache.
>
> if your first suggestion is a fix, why do I need to do the other two?
> (Is there some way I can continue to use reload-into-ims? I suppose I
> could always go the route of having Apache strip off no-cache
> headers.)

The bug is not fully solved yet, but there is a partial fix in recent
releases.

After the upgrade you will need to check for the problem again and see if
the partial fix was enough. You might get away with it if the items are
requested frequently enough. Or you may still need to selectively do the
bypass on some critical items.

Amos