Re: [squid-users] Problem with some Microsoft Sites

From: Danilo Godec <danilo.godec_at_agenda.si>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 14:18:37 +0200

Etienne Pretorius pravi:
> Just interisted,
>
> Are you firewalling off ICMP fragmentation needed? A MTU change could
> indicate a MSS mismatch.
>
> Kind Regards
>
> Etienne Pretorius
> Network Administrator
> <http://www.kingsley.co.za>

No, I'm not. ICMP is passed through.

However - mystery solved and -big surprise- it was the ISP's fault after all.

They somehow managed to change the route for our customer's DMZ network so it
was coming in through the (slower) backup PPPOE link instead of the main (fibre)
link.

This may also explain why MTU change had some effect (although I'd expect it to
effect more then just 'microsoft.com').

Today I managed to convince the customer it wasn't our (proxy's) fault and they
picked up the phone, called the ISP and now was all back to normal.

  Thanks for listening, Danilo

--
Danilo Godec, sistemska podpora
Predlog! Obiscite prenovljeno spletno stran http://www.agenda.si