RE: [squid-users] rpc over http problems

From: Alan Lehman <alehman_at_gbutler.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2008 10:57:29 -0500

Finally getting back to this. Thanks for the earlier responses.
I changed cache_peer to use front-end-https=auto, but no change in behavior.

This may be a stupid question. I'm wondering if my problem is due to the fact that I'm using the same squid as an accelerator for OWA to the same Exchange box:

https_port a.b.c.d:443 cert=/usr/share/ssl/combined.crt key=/usr/share/ssl/owa.key defaultsite=owa.xx.com
https_port a.b.c.e:443 cert=/usr/share/ssl/rpc.pem defaultsite=rpc.xx.com

cache_peer ip_of_exchange parent 80 0 no-query originserver front-end-https=on login=PASS
cache_peer ip_of_exchange parent 80 0 no-query originserver login=PASS front-end-https=auto name=exchange_rpc

The OWA config works and I'm trying to add rpc over http. OL will not connect and nothing shows up in access.log. Running tcpdump on the external port on the squid box, I see incoming connection attempts from the client, but squid seems to be ignoring. Nothing is passed to the exchange server.

Thanks,
Alan