Re: [squid-users] what can I help to make this swap.state corruption go away?

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_creative.net.au>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:12:25 +0800

And the fact that the bulk of current Squid development is being
done disconnected to people like who you run Squid in production
should be a teeling sign as to -why- things aren't happening
how you'd like.

The fact is this - the most active Squid contributors and developers
are not employed by a company with large Squid deployments, so the
issues being addressed by the current set of Squid developers aren't
the same as those seen by companies such as yourself.

Its an open source community project - the idea is that enough -users-
(commercial or otherwise) help develop and improve the software as a whole.
This hasn't really been happening with the Squid project for a number
of years.

So, patches gladly accepted, or wait until it tickles my or someone elses
fancy (and I have some time, which won't be until late July), or talk to
someone about a commercial relationship. Or hire an admin with a coding
interest and see if they'll fix it and contribute back the fix.

Adrian