Re: AW: [squid-users] Differences between Squid 2.7 and 3.0

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 00:36:10 +1200

Altrock, Jens wrote:
> So there is no significant change in features, only in programming language, is that right?

Pretty Close.

We have been porting features between the two as best we can with the
hopes of getting people over to the 3.x branch where most of the
developers are working on new stuff.

Still, people keep sending in new bits for the 2.x branch. So there are
a few features in 2.7 missing from 3.0. HTTP/1.1 support in 2.7 is
slightly more advanced but also more experimental. And there is a few
percent better speed in 2.7 for very high traffic sites.

It's a case of pick the one which meets all your needs. We encourage 3.0
but if 2.7 is better for you, go there for now and please tell us why
you can't move up so we can fix that issue.

Amos