RE: [squid-users] %EXT_USER value

From: Bartel Viljoen <bartel_at_ncc.co.za>
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 16:39:33 +0200

Thanks for the reply Amos.

Please see my previous mail for a complete explanation of my
requirements.
http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200904/0295.html

I'm using
Squid Cache: Version 3.0.STABLE13

I'm looking for a way to pass a variable to an external acl which must
contain an already authenticated username.
I can not use %LOGIN because squid will assume that it's an auth helper
and prompt the user for re-authentication on ERR return and I want to
return a custom page on ERR return.

I just thought %EXT_USER will contain the username from and external
auth helper.
Conf example
=======
auth_param ntlm program /usr/bin/ntlm_auth
--helper-protocol=squid-2.5-ntlmssp
external_acl_type QuotaUser ttl=1 negative_ttl=0 children=3 %EXT_USER
/sqm/bin/quota_user.pl
acl password proxy_auth REQUIRED
acl quota_user external QuotaUser
http_access deny !password
http_access deny quota_user
http_access allow all
deny_info ERR_CUSTOM_IN_QUOTA_USER quota_user