[squid-users] Squid and auth and Custom banner.

From: Parvinder Bhasin <parvinder.bhasin_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 21:21:29 -0700

Hi,

After researching a lot on this subject, I finally decided to post
this here.
What I would like to achieve is basically is:

1): A user is connected on my wireless / wired network , operating in
transparent proxy I would like user before they can get to a site with
squid is basically they get a user info page where they input their
name and email upon submitting ( I like to store this data) they are
then allowed access to the internet via squid. I am not really
looking to AUTH a users but just want to get some info from the user
before they can browse the net. Basically these sort of things can be
seen on free wireless hotspots these days. Can I really achieve
this ? if so, can someone point me in the right direction.

2): Lastly , I would like the users to get a CUSTOM BANNER in a frame
of some sort while surfing.
Here is the visualization of what I would want squid to do.

| CUSTOM BANNER |
| |
| google.com |
| |
| |
| |

Can I really do this with squid? I don't mind writing code (plugin)
either but I would rather first find out what I can achieve with
squid. If I do however need to write something on my own (plugin) can
someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance :)