Re: [squid-users] Re: TCp_HIT problem

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian_at_squid-cache.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 07:59:50 +0800

2009/7/25 Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>:

> ?? looks like your problem. Most of the web traffic you will ever see is
> under 2 MB big.
> Average size is somewhere between 32KB and 128KB depending on your clients.

Weird; my largest proxy customer with around 15,000 users or so now
behind one proxy has a different traffic distribution. 99% of requests
are under 64k, but over half the traffic is for objects above 8
megabytes. I've told Lusca to cache objects up to around 1900mbytes in
size and I so far have seen hits for objects up to a gigabyte.

(I'll publish actual stats when the client gives me the green light.)

2c,

Adrian