Re: [squid-users] parent proxy https problem

From: matteo cazzador <mcazzador_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 10:28:24 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> fre 2009-09-11 klockan 18:35 +0200 skrev matteo cazzador:
>
>> hello, i'm trying to configure two proxy servers, one is a parent proxy,
>> i'm a novice , i've a problem, why the https request don't pass through
>> parent proxy?
>>
>> note i use in the direct proxy squd.conf:
>>
>> cache_peer 10.X.X.X parent 3128 0 no-query
>> prefer_direct off
>>

> what you want is
>
> never_direct allow all
>
> prefer_direct is kind of soft.
>

>> note if i use in squid.conf "always_direct deny all" and "never_direct
>> allow all" parent proxy accept https and http, but in this case i'cant
>> use prefer_direct off
>>

> And?
>
> I think something is missing from your problem description. What is it
> actually that you want to do?
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Excuse me for my terrible english, i want 2 things
1. that if parent proxy (contenti filter dansguardian) go down , the
local proxy permit the navigation (http and https).
2. https passing through parent proxy

So i'm in a paradoxal situation or i can't pass https through parent
proxy (without never_direct allow) or i can't make local proxy
backup of parent proxy (with never_direct allow).
My parent proxy is a content filter dansguardian (in case of https i
block only domain name), for this i want https passing through it.
Because i see that some users can by pass content filter using https.

Thank's a lot for your availability