Re: [squid-users] ntlm on distributed samba PDC system

From: Kinkie <gkinkie_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 18:15:26 +0200

On Thu, Sep 17, 2009 at 5:32 PM, Andreas Calvo Gómez
<andreas.calvo_at_admi.esci.es> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm trying to set up squid with NTLM to do automated auth based on
> windows credentials.
> I'm running a samba/openldap PDC server, and squid is in a separate
> computer.
> Is it necessary to install another samba plus winbind in the machine
> that has squid running?

Only winbindd is needed on the squid system, smbd performs some
additional activities (changing the machine account password) which
can also be performed by scripted calls to the "net" command.

> If I run wbinfo -t in the squid computer it works, however runnig the
> gpasswd -a proxy winbindd_priv does not work (obviously, it does not
> have the winbind).
> When I try to run the ntlm_auth --helper-protocol=squid-2.5-basic it
> reports an ERR message, but I don't know where to look for logs (nor
> syslog nor squid logs have information about it).
>
> So, what I think I'm missing is what should be done if I'm running squid
> in a non samba machine.
>
> Any hints?

These questions are better asked to the Samba user-groups.

--
    /kinkie