Re: [squid-users] allow

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 23:12:10 +1200

Maurizio Marini wrote:
> I block all upload with:
>
> acl fileupload req_mime_type -i ^multipart/form-data$
> http_reply_access deny fileupload

huh? everybody can post file uploads. But nobody is allowed to see the
message saying that the upload was successful?

I think you want that ACL to be checked in http_access instead... to
prevent the file upload being sent. You aleady have the reQuest mime
type tested so that bit is fine.

> Question:
> is there any tricks to allow upload to company managers and deny to all
> others?

Tricks? no. Just a good solid configuration doing it the way you want.

As for your question.

Create an ACL specifying who the managers are. (IP, username, group
name, time of day,... whatever).

I'll call it 'foo' for this example of what to do with it...

   http_access allow foo fileupload
   http_access deny fileupload

Note this is all covered in the FAQ along with a lot more about how to
configure Squid...
   http://wiki.squid-cache.org/SquidFaq

Amos

--