Re: [squid-users] Re: Re: Re: squid_kerb_auth.... Key Version number?

From: Mrvka Andreas <mrv_at_tuv.at>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 08:45:48 +0200

Agreed.

So if I read your mail correctly you want to say:
- net ads join uses _computer-name_ to identify the authentication scheme
- msktutil (kerberos) only watches at the _service_ (http,cifs,...)

The HowTo should look like:
1.
use net ads join to talk via computer-name with AD

2
use msktutil _with a non-existend computer-name_ so that the associated
HOST/<non-existendhostname> can not correlate with net ads join
Only the sericePrincipal HTTP/<fqdn> is important for squid/kerberos.

Have I understood you in the right way?
And will it work to use a non-existend hostname, or will msktutil fail? :-)

The best way would be - the client sends an NTLM token and squid_kerb_auth
does the rest. :-)

Thanks for support.
I can imagine lots of other squid-users use net ads join and want to implement
kerberos too.

Regards
Andrew