[squid-users] Want accel-mode squid to pass real IP to httpd

From: Roger Cornelius <rac_at_tenzing.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 10:54:05 -0400

Apologies for what is probably a newbie question. I've searched the
squid directives, archives of this list, the net, etc., and haven't
discovered, or didn't recognize, the answer.

I'm using squid 2.7.STABLE6 in accelerator mode. I used the basic
accelerator config example at:

http://wiki.squid-cache.org/ConfigExamples/Reverse/BasicAccelerator

The httpd, which is running on the same machine, sees all requests as
coming from the IP of the machine squid/apache are running on. How do I
configure squid so httpd sees the IP of the actual machine making the
request so I can do acl in httpd?

Thanks.

--
Roger Cornelius        rac_at_tenzing.org