Re: [squid-users] Managing clusters of siblings (squid2.7)

From: Chris Hostetter <hossman_squid_at_fucit.org>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 11:03:15 -0700 (PDT)

: For a bit of leverage; every time the config changes squid needs to be
: reconfigured, which causes a short outage.
:
: I've been thinking about it, and the multiple-IPs for a cache_peer might
: work when a DNS name is entered as first parameter of cache_peer. But only
: the IPs detected at startup/reconfigure time will be used so you don't
: really evade the reconfigure outage with that either.

I think there's something here i wasn't aware of...

I believe you are saying that the cache_peer hostnames are only resolved
when the config is loaded, and not on a per request basis.

Is that correct?

(In that case a script that runs on each box to regenerate the config and
reconfigure squid each time the cluster cahnges really does seem like the
best option)

-Hoss