Re: [squid-users] refresh pattern

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 12:38:31 +1300

Ernesto Nataloni wrote:
> Hi,
> i havw found that if i set this refresh pattern with 1 minute min. time
>
> "refresh_pattern .aspx 1 100% 1 override-expire override-lastmod reload-
> into-ims ignore-reload ignore-no-cache ignore-private ignore-auth"
>
> Squid doesn't cache .aspx page

Sometimes. Or anything else with "aspx" in the URL.
For example; http://aspx.example.com will be affected too.

To use file types in refresh pattern you need to use a regex:

   \.(aspx)(\?.*)?$

With "aspx" replaced by "aspx|asp" to do two file types .aspx and .asp
the same.

> If i put min. time to 2 minutes:
>
> "refresh_pattern .aspx 2 100% 2 override-expire override-lastmod reload-
> into-ims ignore-reload ignore-no-cache ignore-private ignore-auth"
>
> Squid work fine and caches .aspx page.
>
> This is true for every type of object (.htm, .jpg, .png)
> I didn't try with other object
> I want to cache .aspx objects for only 1 minute and refresh it after 1
> minute.
> So i don't known if my istruction is correct.
> Can you help me?

Please first answer why are you doing this?

Far, far better to not cache at all than to so completely override the
expert webmasters knowledge of their own site requirements.

Amos

--
Please be using
   Current Beta Squid 3.1.0.15