Re: [squid-users] Active Directory based URL control

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 21:05:11 +0100

fre 2010-02-19 klockan 11:27 -0200 skrev Fabio Almeida:

> I'm wondering if I can use AD to store words, phrases and URLs instead
> of a plain file.

Theoretically yes, but will need both the AD schema to be extended and a
new helper to be written using the data.

> Is it possible, practical and as fast as files?

Storing host/domain rules in a directory server is certainly plausible.

Storing patterns (regex / words etc) is perhaps not.. processing such
patterns require access to the complete list. But still doable.