[squid-users] Extending Squid

From: noor nashid <noor.nashid_at_csebuet.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:54:51 +0000

Dear All,

I want to modify Squid in the following way:

- Firstly I want to use gzip compression for texts

- Later I shall go for Image Compression using ImageMagick Library

- And thirdly I want to download a whole page in Squid, and then I
want to transfer that to the other side (i.e. to the browser/client)
using a single HTTP pipelined connection. Suppose we are browsing
http://www.squid-cache.org/ . Here I shall gather all objects of the
website and then I shall respond back to the client using a single TCP
connection. The point here is not open a TCP connection for each
object.

For the first two I shall use the eCAP interface for content
adaptation. But whats your suggestion for implementing the third one.

My intention is to make squid aware of HTTP compression and pipelining
feature enabled. I think this two feature will make Squid much
stronger.

If you have any suggestion regarding this issue, please respond.

Thanks

Nashid
Postgrad Researcher
Mobile & Internet Systems Laboratory (MISL)
University College Cork (UCC)
Cork, Ireland