Re: [squid-users] Vietnamese language?

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 21:28:46 +1200

John Horne wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Our Squid 3.1.6 server is showing the following error occasionally:
>
> errorpage.cc(293) errorTryLoadText:
> '/usr/share/squid/errors/vi-vn/ERR_ONLY_IF_CACHED_MISS': (2) No such
> file or directory
> WARNING: Error Pages Missing Language: vi-vn
>
> I see from the Squid translations web page that this means that the
> language page is missing. Fair enough, but the translations page seems
> to indicate that the Vietnamese language has a volunteer translator. As
> such I assume there was (?) a Vietnamese language translation? It does
> not seem to exist any more. (I have checked the current language pack
> too.) Not a problem, just curious. Sorry but I have no knowledge of the
> Vietnamese language so would not be able to help with that.

The langpack bundles are kept up to 24-hr of the latest translations
fixes. The source code releases are only irregularly synced with the
langpack content. So there is often a mis-match between the two.

vi-vn is an alias, so you maybe need to build the aliases. The sources
and langpack bundle with a script (alias-link.sh) to make these symlinks
on any 'nix. For manual running you will have to send in some parameters
as per the top of the script; IIRC its "./alias-link.sh ln rm . aliases".

Amos

--
Please be using
   Beta testers wanted for 3.2.0.1