[squid-users] Reverse Proxy Cache ONLY Relative URL

From: Sokol, Ryan - 1244 <ryans_at_HA.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:43:45 -0500

Sorry if this has already been answered, but I can't seem to find it under what I'm searching.

I have 2 squids set up as reverse proxies and are load balanced for the URL http://www.domain.com.%a0 I am trying to precache certain objects before my users see them by visiting those URLs (i.e. http://www.domain.com/object.html).  Since the squids are load-balanced, their caches are not identical.  Each squid has a 50% chance of getting hit.  So if I want to ensure that the object is cached for my users, the cached object has to be on both squids.  The only way I can force a particular squid to be used, is to go to it directly (i.e. http://squid1.domain.com/object.html & http://squid2.domain.com/object.html).  But when I try this method, the full URL (including the host and domain) are cached instead of the real domain my users hit.

Is there any way to configure squid to only cache the piece after the top level domain?