Re: [squid-users] authentication switching

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 00:59:21 +1300

On 18/11/10 22:49, Mikio Kishi wrote:
> Hi, Amos
>
>> Squid can offer both types. Configure two sets of auth_param in the
>> order you would prefer them to be used.
>
> I know that.
>
>> auth_param ntlm program .....
>> auth_param basic program .....
>
> The above parameters return the follwoing http reply.
>
>> HTTP/1.0 407 Proxy Authentication Required
>> Proxy-Authenticate: NTLM
>> Proxy-Authenticate: Basic realm="XXXXXXXXXXX"
>
> It looks ok. But, InternetExplorer8 has never been trying Basic
> authentication...
> How can I let IE try Basic auth after NTLM auth failed ?

At the moment you can't, sorry. We don't have any patches of the
feature needed to workaround the bugs in IE8 for this.

If you (or anyone) feels up to coding that feature I can spec out the
requirements and audit the code produced, but don't have time myself yet
to dedicate to it.

Amos

--
Please be using