[squid-users] Re: squid-users Digest 30 May 2011 21:52:13 -0000 Issue 3813Re: [squid-users] one squid, two subnets, two routes.. HELP!

From: Roland Roland <R_O_L_A_N_D_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2011 08:29:35 +0300

Thanks for the advice, yes it's on a linux box.

Though i have both IPs coming from the same Router.
and not connected to a public ISP.
routing is done on the routers side..

In other terms if i understood your advice correctly i'll do the following:

IPs assigned to Squid box:

192.168.1.X #primary IP
192.168.1.y #secondary IP

Squid:

acl Subnet#1 src 192.168.1.0/24
acl Subnet#2 src 192.168.2.0/24
tcp_outgoing_address 192.168.1.x Subnet#1
tcp_outgoing_address 192.168.1.y Subnet#2

Router:

src Subnet#1 dst ISP#1
src Subnet#2 dst ISP#2

Would the above setup work ?
i've read about a sort of persistent connections problem, any advice about that?

Thanks for your help,

--Roland