Re: [squid-users] bandwith restriction

From: benjamin fernandis <benjo11111_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:44:45 +0530

Hi Ragheb,

Thanks for your quick response.

Take care banjo that for order for this to work all your client ips
must hit the cache directly and not reach the cache through a nat rule
otherwise your squid will see that all your web traffic is coming from
one single ip and thus it will shape all your inner lan traffic as one
ip and thus all your inner will be shaped to just 512kbps.

currently my squid 3.1 is running in transparent mode.and i used
iptables rules to transfer port 80 traffic to port 3128(squid
port).That is ok.

Is there any change required with my existing setup to achieve delay
pool facility.

And yes i also added iptables postrouting masquerade rules for other traffic.

Kindly suggest me with your assumption for the same.

Thanks,
Benjo