Re: [squid-users] How to rotate Cache.log

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 19:23:59 +1300

 On Fri, 30 Sep 2011 00:30:01 +0200, John Kimble wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> My cache file is getting too big (250mb) so it becomes really hard to
> view the log file.
>
> I tried to rotate is using " Squid -k rotate" but it does nothing to
> either the cache.log or access.log. I read about using debug_options
> rotate=n but not sure how this directive will work. Does "n" means
> the
> number of cache.log that squid will keep?
>
> Regards,
> Nick

 Yes rotate=n in 3.2 limits cache.log, if it should be smaller than
 access.log.

 logfile_rotate sets for all logs, the number to keep of each file
 output.

 If you are using a pre-packaged squid it is likely the distributor has
 set it to 0 and integrated with whatever OS log management is available.

 Question is though why your cache.log is getting so big in the first
 place. It should only have rare messages about serious problems.

 Amos