[squid-users] RE: Memory leak in 3.2.5

From: Mike Mitchell <Mike.Mitchell_at_sas.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 16:14:54 +0000

With the ident patch the memory leaks are at manageable levels. It looks like I'm leaking HttpHeaderEntry, Short String, and ConnOpener structures. After 1,000,000 requests I have 740,968 HttpHeaderEntry structures in use, with 1,600,341 Short Strings in use. The two go hand-in-hand, as the HttpHeaderEntry structure allocates two Short Strings. I also have 22,314 ConnOpener structures in use. I found one leak of ConnOpener structures in the internalDNS routines. I doubt it is large enough to account for the over 22,000 structures in 1,000,000 queries. The leak would only happen if the DNS query switched to TCP and the TCP connection failed. Mike Mitchell