Re: [squid-users] Netflix+squid

From: <mbaki_at_whywire.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 05:21:44 -0500

Hi Amos,

I still haven't configured/deployed anything yet. My
approach is to have a server in the U.S. But I thought maybe there is a
better solution/approach to this deployment. Maybe a proxy server local to
them and configure it to use my proxy server in the U.S as its upstream
proxy.

Thanks
Monah

> On 15/02/2013
1:24 p.m., mbaki_at_whywire.com wrote:

     Hi all,

>> A friend of mine has a company
outside
>> the U.S, and
>> wants to provide Netflix
to his customers.
>> Since I can setup a proxy here
>> for him and have his
>> clients use my proxy to
access netflix, is there any
>> other solution that can
optimize it even better.

> Better than what? you have
not provided any information on what
> configuration settings you
are using, we cannot tell whether you
> configured it for good
performance or not.

>> Can you
>> cache the videos
>> by the way?

Unknown. You will want to look into the cached object size limits
> (default maximum_object_size directive is probably too small for
large
> videos). then look into whether the videos are actually
cacheable. Paste
> one of their URLs into redbot.org for info on
that.