Re: [squid-users] Re: ipv6 support for 3.1.16

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:15:34 +1300

On 21/02/2013 11:39 p.m., anita wrote:
> Hi Amos,
>
> Thanks for a very quick reply.
> I have a couple of more questions.
>
> 1. What is a WCCP setting?

Since you don't know it is probably not relevant. WCCP is a router
protocol for controlling HTTP traffic interception by proxies.

> 2. How can I check if the ipv4-mapping feature is disabled or not available
> in my kernel? I am using Red Hat Linux 6.2 flavour with a GNU/Linux OS.

section 3.1.3.1
http://www.redhat.com/mirrors/LDP/HOWTO/html_single/Linux+IPv6-HOWTO/#AEN488

I think netstat will probably be the best tool to identify this. Look
for any services using IPv4 address to listen on a tcp6 socket. The IPv4
address should display as v4-mapped format as described in the link above.
* If you see a strict separation of services listening address between
IPv4 addresses on 'tcp' socket type and IPv6 on 'tcp6' socket type, then
your kernel is probably what is called split-stack. In which case you
will need Squid-3.2 to get Squid working properly.
* If you have any v4-mapped addresses showing up as listening addresses,
your kernel is capable of it.

Amos