[squid-users] Question about forward.cc and possible patch

From: Silamael <Silamael_at_coronamundi.de>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 08:44:56 +0200

Hi there!

Last week we had a problem that a cache peer's DNS resolved to 13 v6 and
13 v4 addresses but the system lacked IPv6 connectivity at all. While
debugging the problem (the solution was just to increase
forward_max_tries) I stumbled over a line in forward.cc where n_tries is
always checked against the constant value of 10 (which is the default
for forward_max_tries). At another line of code n_tries is checked
against the value for forward_max_tries from the configuration file.
The attached patch fixes the first line so that the check is also done
against the configured forward_max_tries value.

Greetings,
Matthias