[squid-users] Re: Squid 2.7.STABLE5 hangs with "HEAD" request in LOG

From: 4eversr <thomas.boelscher_at_assmann.de>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 02:52:46 -0800 (PST)

@Eliezer Croitoru-2: You mentioned that "Firefox and IE does not load a site
on the same machine". That is not the whole truth: Firefox works 100%
perfect on every machine, only IE stops with that "HEAD" message in IE log.
I tested this behavior on different workstations, and it's always the same:
firefox works perfect, IE stucks while loading the video with this "HEAD"
message in the squid logs.

I cleared the cache from the local installed IE but the "HEAD" message in
squid log stays, and the video starts playing after 1 minute, or so.

I also investigated, that it seems that there is a problem with squid cache,
because webmin says that squid cache is not yet initialized, see this
screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/skaDyo1.png

I will try to initialize the cache this evening, when there is nobody else
in the company who needs web access. (By the way: We do not need Squid
caching, because we have a fiber connection which is fast enough, so that
squid caching is not necessary.)