[squid-users] Web Proxy accepting querystring URL's

From: MARTIN, PETER CCS <pmartin_at_smc-net.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 15:23:02 +0000

Hi,

I'm not too sure what the terminology for this is!  I'm wondering if Squid can function in a mode where it acts like a web server, and you pass it URL's as a querystring, and it connect you out to the site?

My issue is that we have a corporate proxy, and I need to bypass for some sites (moving list, don't want to have to keep it updated).  The remote sites firewalls require us to come in from a specific source address, and so I thought if I could setup Squid and make the source URL for the sites in the browser have a prefix of it may work?

I.e.
Site is http://the.site.com
And we connect using
http://local.squid/?http://the.site.com