Re: ERR_NO_CLIENTS_BIG_OBJECT

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 09:37:56 +0200 (MET DST)

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
>Gert-Jan Looy wrote:
>>
>> Subject says it al, since updating to squid version 1.1.9
>> on a svr4 box this messages comes about every second.
>> Is this bad?
>> Something wrong in config?
>

>Nothing bad, only that the client requesting a object larger than
>maximum_object_size didn't bother to download the whole file.. (probably
>aborted the transfer very early)
>
>I think that you'd like to enabe the quick_abort feature, causing squid
>to automatically abort a large transfer if the client aborts early...
>There is no point in fetching large objects that nobody needs.

Well, that's quite a philosophic question here, chances are the user gave
up because of the speed of the tranfer and will try again later. If I
look at my logs I can see a number of scenarios like that, so with
quick_abort disabled the object in question will be in the cache next time,
of course only provided that it's smaller than maximum_object_size.
If it's larger then you should revise this parameter or your users. ;-) ^_-

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037