Re: Splitting requests ...

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 19 Apr 1997 15:47:27 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Garry Glendown wrote:

> E.g., squid would check and see if it (or one of his
> neighbors/sibblings) had a current version of a file. If not, it would
> check either the file type or file size (or both) of the file. Let's say
> bot .exe/.zip/.arj/.. files and files larger then 50k would then be
> requested from proxy B, while all other files would be requested from
> proxy A.

You could use cache_host_acl to select which neighbors to use based on
ACLs that you create. However, there is currently no way to select
based on file size since the URL does not have any size information in it.
What you could do, however, is to issue a HEAD request and hope that
they have a Content-Length. I think this would be tricky, and would
slow down the neighbor selection.

Cheers,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850