Re: squid 1.2 beta and internet explorer 4

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 1998 01:41:20 +0100

Byron Jones wrote:

> why not? it's just a parameter to a cgi - there's nothing wrong with
> having a "/" in a parameter, so why not as the first character?

It certainly is (no matter if it is the first character or not).

httpurl = "http://" hostport [ "/" hpath [ "?" search ]]
hpath = hsegment *[ "/" hsegment ]
hsegment = *[ uchar | ";" | ":" | "@" | "&" | "=" ]
search = *[ uchar | ";" | ":" | "@" | "&" | "=" ]

/ is not a valid search character, but %2f is..

> so why did it work under squid 1.1 and not 1.2? what's changed?

I don't think this is the problem in 1.2.

Viable guess where the problem is:
* Redirection
* Persistent connections
* Combination of both

Which 1.2 version is running? (both local and parent). I think some 1.2
betas have had problems with redirection, and I know that persistant
connection has been a problem.

Can you please try to get a debug log of a request, and send this to
squid-bugs@nlanr.net for further investigation (together with the
version info).

debug logging is enabled/disabled by sending Squid a SIGUSR2 signal
(squid -k debug).

---
Henrik Nordström
Sparetime Squid Hacker