Re: [squid-users] Re: They know we are using squid? Had no idea...

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:26:59 -0800

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

>ons 2006-04-05 klockan 17:13 +0000 skrev Vadim Pushkin:
>

>>Also, I am able to ssh
>>out using my proxy, and I wish not to.
>>

>Your access controls allows CONNECT to unwanted ports...
>
>Note: The suggested default rules restricts CONNECT to only two well
>known SSL ports for good reasons..
>
>Regards
>Henrik

Specifically, you've placed your http_access allow lines above the
http_access deny lines. You might benefit from perusing the FAQ on
access controls (http://www.squid-cache.org/Doc/FAQ/FAQ-10.html).

In short, if you move your network specific http_access lines below the
line that reads...

http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_Ports

... but above the line that reads...

http_access deny all

...you should be allowing just the access that you want. Also, you
might want to get rid of the http_reply_access lines that you added to
the default config.

Chris