Re: [squid-users] Re: They know we are using squid? Had no idea...

From: Jakob Curdes <jc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 00:41:24 +0200

Henrik Nordstrom schrieb:

>Note: The suggested default rules restricts CONNECT to only two well
>known SSL ports for good reasons..

OK, but still this does not prevent the scenario of people connecting
via the proxy to a ssh server running on port 443.
Actually if you look around a bit it seems that half the school kids and
university students use similar setups to connect to their home pcs from
inside the institution.

To block this, a small inspector that checks the incoming proxy ssl
traffic if it is really ssl would be enough. I wonder if anybody has
written such a thing already ?

Jakob Curdes