Re: [squid-users] Accelerator Cluster

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2006 01:18:44 +0200

ons 2006-04-05 klockan 10:43 -0400 skrev Jerry Thomas:

> Will there be performance gains if I add the other squid servers as
> cache peers or will the endusers perceive latency while the squid checks
> its peers versus going direct.

Depends on how poorly your backend servers perform.

Doing peering may increase the hit ratio slightly, but as you expect it
also adds a little to latency as Squid needs to wait for the ICP replies
before forwarding the cache miss request.

I suspect things like collapsed forwarding will bring much higher
benefits than peering in setups like this.