Re: [squid-users] Connection breaks abnormaly while access some sites

From: Bin Liu <binliu.lqbn@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 11:59:16 +0800

First, thanks again for your time to review my question and write back to me.

But there is still something I can't understand.

> for me wget has about the same success/failure rate as Squid in getting
> speedy responses from the site.

For me the success/failure rate of wget is 100:0 while squid is 0:100.
I've double checked this the whole day yesterday, yes, that's no
problem at all for wget, though some little pauses when downloading
sometimes, but everytime it can download the complete html file. But
when it turns to squid(using squidclient or setenv http_proxy for
wget/fetch) on the same machine, there is definitely not one success.
Using Firefox or IE on another PC connected to the same 2-layer switch
as this box browse this site, all OK, the page can show completely in
about 2 seconds, even after I press Ctrl+F5 to force refresh; but if
they set the squid box as proxy, whatever how many times you've tried,
you can only see the first few lines of that page.

I've noticed that the DNS server will return various IP of this site,
since it's a very big reverse proxy cluster, the DNS server will
consider your IP and return a most closer one. I've not tested every
IP, and I don't have time to do so. Perhaps some IP sometime may work
well with squid, but these two servers definitely can't:
61.183.246.108, 211.154.222.24. I think you'd better test these two
before make final conclusion.

BTW, I've already consulted the administrator of that reverse proxy
cluster, since IE and firefox can browse that site pretty well, they
said they can't offer further help since I can't provide any solid
evidence about the wrong tunings of their servers.

Anybody who just have time please help me debuging this problem, I'll
be very appreciate for any further information.

Thanks