Re: [squid-users] WPAD & "Automatically Detect Settings"

From: Tim Bates <tin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 09:09:19 +1000

Some versions of IE are broken and look for "wpad.da", missing the "t"
at the end. Symlink so they stay the same.

You need to be able to access the wpad file without the proxy for
obvious reasons (but this is sometimes overlooked). Check by turning off
all proxy options and trying to access where you think it should be.

Tim