Re: [squid-users] epoll and ENTRY_DEFER_READ messages

From: Chris Robertson <crobertson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 16:47:28 -0800

lawrence wang wrote:

>I've got Squid-2.5.STABLE13 with the epoll patch, and I'm getting a
>lot of "clearing ENTRY_DEFER_READ" messages in my cache.log. Is this
>something I should be concerned about, or just a debug message at the
>wrong verbosity level?

http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/200602/0623.html

This linked message is a great example of the reason behind proper
replying technique. The linked message would be so much clearer... *sigh*

The short answer is that these messages are likely harmless, and can be
greatly reduced by setting "half_closed_clients off" in the squid.conf,
but that the epoll patch is not certified production ready, and may "fry
your computer and eat your lunch".

Chris