[squid-users] Limit number of clients?

From: <b52@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 11:34:26 +0200 (CEST)

Hi folks,

I am interrested in limiting the number of clients which can use our
squid. I am not asking how to limit the connections of one ip address.
Well is the following possible?
I would like squid to answer lets say requests from 1000 ip addresses or
clients and redirect all clients above 1000 to a special "resource limit"
page. The 1000 ips are official ips so they are all external.
After a given time lets say 300 seconds squid should remove this ip out of
the acceptlist so one new client can connect without the "resource limit"
page.

Has someone a clue how to do this? Even without squid?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you, b52