RE: [squid-users] Memory keeps on decreasing

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:56:09 +0200

fre 2006-04-14 klockan 17:46 +0800 skrev Zabrina Mohamad:
> In that case, what should I do, becoz it does not look good at the graph on my mRTG.

You need to graph the correct value I suppose.

"free" memory should hover somewhere around 8MB or so in a properly
running Linux system, so graphing this wouldn't be very interesting.

"avilable" memory is the sum of "free" + "buffer" + "cache" and is in
principle what you should look at when determining how much memory there
is available. This should be in the range of a couple of hundreds MB or
more to be comfortable on a busy server.

"swapped out" is also a good value to keep an eye at. Should be none or
marginal. But on a Squid server it might be advisable to disable the
swap entirely if you have plenty of memory.