[squid-users] web accelerator & caching issues

From: Domingos Parra Novo <domingosnovo@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:33:11 -0300

        Hiyas,

        I'm trying to setup a pool of machines running squid, configured as web
accelerators. My first objective on this architecture is reduce the load
of our backend servers (running vignette 6.0).

        I would like to know if it is possible to configure squid to "ignore"
the cacheability of any page, and simply force squid to cache all the
content requested on the backend servers.

        Also, I would like to ignore any info regarding the expire of the
object(for example forcing the object to be valid for a month or so), or
any request to "refresh" an object from the cache, unless this request
came in the form of a "PURGE".

        Thanks in advance,

Domingos.

--