Re: [squid-users] ssl port 443

From: <DGeorgie@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 09:43:22 -0400

Thank you for the advice Vince. I received before similar advice from
Henrik Nordstrom and already tested the https_port directive with Apache.
It worked really easy.
The only thing that missed is Squid's capability to provide pass phrase
for the private encrypted key at the start up. Apache does that.

Dimitar

Vince Hillier <vince@lansystems.ca>
04/20/2006 11:12 PM

DGeorgie@wiley.com
cc
squid-users@squid-cache.org
Subject
Re: [squid-users] ssl port 443

DGeorgie@wiley.com wrote:

>I am following up on Merton's email. We have Squid working as a reverse
>proxy in our environment and would like to add SSL for secure
>authentication of the users. The regular HTTP traffic is not encrypted.
>
>I couldn't find much help on configuring Squid with SSL beside the
>reference about https_port directive. Could anyone provide an example of
>using the SSL directives in Squid?

Hi Dimitar,

Simply compile squid with "--enable-ssl" and then add the following to
your squid.conf:

https_port 192.168.0.11:443
cert=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl/internalsite.com.crt
key=/usr/local/squid/etc/ssl/internalsite.com.key