Re: [squid-users] ssl port 443

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2006 01:42:25 +0200

fre 2006-04-21 klockan 09:43 -0400 skrev DGeorgie@wiley.com:
> Thank you for the advice Vince. I received before similar advice from
> Henrik Nordstrom and already tested the https_port directive with Apache.
> It worked really easy.
> The only thing that missed is Squid's capability to provide pass phrase
> for the private encrypted key at the start up. Apache does that.

See the SSL update patch or Squid-3.. it allows you to specify a
program supplying the key encryption password.

Or alternatively start Squid in the foreground with the -N option.

Please note that having the pass phrase in the config file or similar
more or less equals to have the key unencrypted on disk. There is only a
security benefit in storing the key encrypted if the admin is somehow
queried for the password on startup.